1. The development of English and Japanese language skills is heavily emphasized.
2. Students are allowed to select courses interdisciplinarily. We encourage, but do not require our students to participate in courses offered by other departments and colleges to enhance their adaptability and versatility.
3. We encourage our students to actively be part of the international community. By taking advantage of our collaboration with our sister schools worldwide, students may participate in both domestic and international exchange programs.
4. AFL is in an industry-government-institution collaboration contract with the local government of Yokote City, Akita Prefecture, Japan. Each year, the Yokote City Government offers a range of international internship opportunities for our students.
5. To strengthen knowledge-action integration to boost students’ competitiveness in terms of employability, AFL invites professionals from the industries to develop jointly the curriculum for the practical courses.
Primary Research Areas
The professional curriculum consists of three main areas:
(1) Foreign Language for Business and Professional Communication
(2) Translation and Interpretation Studies
(3) Foreign Language Teaching.
Students should choose one of the three as the focus to prepare for their future career and continue to strengthen their abilities.